Contract Position: (6 months, part-time)
This is a grant-funded position with renewal dependent on funding.
ABOUT THE SCARBOROUGH PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA;
The SPO have been an anchor cultural institution in the Scarborough community for over 40 years. The orchestra works to create high quality performances of symphonic and chamber music. Supporting and promoting Canadian composers and their music is a priority, as well as fostering and mentoring new generation and young musicians.
Our vision is to create an environment of Inclusiveness, Equality, and Diversity through the arts. We believe music and the arts have the ability to unite people.
The Donor and Patron Coordinator will assist with individual giving appeals, record-keeping, box-office and front of house at SPO concerts.
- Update donor and patron records ;
- Assist with database set up and implementation
- Assist in the organization of funder recognition events
- Create and send donor appeals
- Prepare thank you letters
- Assist with telephone ticket sales
- Attend all SPO concerts to assist with Front of House and donor events
The Donor and Patron Coordinator will work closely with the Management Team to determine additional responsibilities and/or update the scope of duties.
- Share and actively uphold the values of the Scarborough Philharmonic Orchestra, including support for and celebration of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Commit to upholding a safe and inclusive space for co-workers, artists, and patrons, including taking actions to ensure an environment free of harassment, racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia;
- At least one year of relevant experience with a not-for-profit organization
- Experience working on fundraising initiatives;
- Familiarity with the Scarborough arts community;
- Exceptional communication skills, including building and maintaining relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, clients, and audiences;
- Ability to work independently and adapt to new and changing deadlines, circumstances, and challenges;
- Basic computer skills (Windows, MS Word, Email, Excel, etc.) Database experience is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and detailing why you believe you are the ideal candidate . Only candidates who qualify will be contacted for next steps in the interview process.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract, self-employed contractor
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time flexible hours: Average of 1 day per week
Contract: $1,000/month (flex time: approx 1 day per week)
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Apply by January 31, 2024
Apply to: lrogers (at) spo.ca